You’ve just purchased beautiful fresh flowers, or maybe you’ve been given some by a friend. You want to hold on to that beauty for as long as you possibly can, right? There are a couple steps you can take to help them last just a little longer.
- 1) If you brought them home in a vase with water, no need to do anything but feast your eyes on them for a day or two, then follow steps 3 & 4.
- 2) If they are out of water, in a hand-held bouquet, you’ll want to get them into water as soon as possible, but first….
- 3) Make a fresh cut with a sharp scissors across the ends of all the stems.
- 4) If you brought home a packet of flower preservative with your flowers, go ahead and mix that with fresh water according to the packet’s instructions.
- 5) Place the bouquet in the vase of your choice and arrange as desired.
- 6) On day two or three repeat the cutting process from step 3 and add more flower preservative if you didn’t use all of it the first time.
- 7) If a bloom or two begins to look droopy and sad, remove it and keep enjoying the rest of your bouquet until it’s time to say goodbye.
- 8) Then it’s time to get more flowers!